- Maintain alignment between what you feel and need and what you say and do.
- Make value-based choices while taking into account intuition, research, and the bigger picture.
- Do something each day that reflects your deepest needs, wishes, and values.
- Speak up for yourself and ask for what you want.
- Don’t put up with abuse of any kind.
- Give up designing your behavior by the desire to be liked (be imperfectly perfect and yourself!)
- State and maintain your boundaries, especially about the level of energy you can handle being around or taking in.
- Offer your fear loving-kindness and compassion.
From: 4 Questions to Foster Your Authentic Self
By Carley Hauck | Mindful.org/October 12, 2016